Tuesday, October 13, 2009

cello magik

i was back in a studio recording this week - i've randomly played with rock, folk, and industrial musicians over the years, but this genre was a first for me - much more uplifting and soft than what i'm used to - it was a challenge, which made it fun - and after a day of recording, i realized how much i've really been missing my cello

if you'd like to take a listen to 'This is Who I Am' by Fred Rush,
click here - i come in on the choruses with a little solo in the middle - they recorded my lower harmony and then layered my melody over it - it was kinda fun to listen to myself playing along with...me - i might just have to get a loop so i can rock out with myself everyday!

(i just started another project with a different band and it is very dark and very different - i can't wait to share it, so check back)

No comments:

Post a Comment